Couples counseling is based on the premise that individuals and their problems are best handled within the context of the couple’s relationship. Couple’s therapy or counseling can help couples find solutions to their problems. Some of those issues are:
- Repetitive arguments
- Feelings of distance or emptiness
- Feelings of anger or resentment
- Lack of intimacy
- Communication issues
- A lack of interest or affection
- Infidelity or suspicion of infidelity
A 30-year study was conducted to help identify keys to a healthy and satisfying relationship. Some of the keys found for a good relationship include:
- Knowing one another.
- Sharing fondness and admiration.
- Turning towards each other.
- A positive perspective.
- Managing conflict.
- Dealing with life dreams.
- Creating a shared meaning.
The counselors at the National Counseling Center can help you get to the root of your relationship issues and resolve them. Whether you’re in a new relationship or have been together for many years, whether you’re married or not, we can help you develop a plan so that you can have a happy and fulfilling relationship.
Contact us for more information, or to make an appointment.